A neck lift is a surgical procedure to improve the signs of aging in the neck and jawline. Technically known as a lower rhytidectomy, this surgery is performed to treat excess fat and skin laxity in the lower face that causes jowls, excess fat under the chin, vertical bands in the neck, and loose neck skin.
Am I a candidate for neck lift surgery?
It is not possible to camouflage sagging skin in the neck with dermal fillers. You may be a good candidate neck lift facial plastic surgery if you are in good general health and have:
- A double chin
- A poorly defined jawline
- Sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”)
- Vertical muscle bands in the neck
- Neck wrinkles and creases
Why choose Ardesh Facial Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Ardesh has served as a college professor in the head and neck surgery, ophthalmology, and dermatology departments of Loma Linda University.
- He received his training at several highly acclaimed institutions and is a true expert in his field.
- At Ardesh Facial Plastic Surgery, we focus our practice exclusively on facial procedures.
What should I expect with a neck lift?
Neck lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Depending on your unique needs, Dr. Ardesh may perform a traditional or a limited incision neck lift.
- Traditional neck lift: Incisions may begin in the hairline at the sideburn level and continue around the ears to the hairline in the back. Underlying tissues are repositioned, fat is redistributed, and the neck muscles are tightened, after which the skin is re-draped, excess skin is removed, and the incisions are closed with sutures or skin adhesives. A separate incision under the chin may be required for liposuction and muscle repair in this area.
- Limited incision neck lift: This technique may involve incisions only around the ear. If you are a good candidate, a limited incision neck lift can produce excellent results with shorter incisions.
Neck Lift FAQ
Do men have neck lifts as well as women?
Yes. Many men are excellent candidates for neck lift surgery.+
Will my scars be noticeable?
Incision lines will fade over time after neck lift surgery. Dr. Ardesh strategically places the incisions, so they are camouflaged and not noticeable.+
How long do neck lift results last?
The natural aging process continues after neck lift surgery. However, results from a neck lift can last for up to 10 to 15 years.+
Why should I consider a neck lift?
If you are a good candidate for this procedure, a neck lift can create a smoother, firmer, more refined appearance of the neck, chin, and jawline.+
© Ardesh Facial Plastic Surgery. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Studio III
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at (888) 417-8101.