Men account for only about a quarter of all nose jobs. It is essential that male rhinoplasty is performed by a plastic surgeon who is experienced working with the male facial structure. The male nose is usually much more prominent than a woman’s, and larger. Dr. Ardesh understands how to work with the thicker skin and more pronounced features.
Common reasons for male rhinoplasty
- Restore noses injured from sports or accidental trauma to their original, natural condition.
- Masculinize the nose to improve overall male appearance.
- Correct an overly bulbous nose tip.
- Bring the nose tip up to or down to a 90-degree angle between the nose and the upper lip.
- Adding height to the nose bridge.
- Improve a prominent nose bridge, often by straightening it and removing any unwanted humps.
- Customize the nose to complement any outsized facial features.
- Increase facial symmetry with particular emphasis on the base of the nose (nostril flare), tip projection, and the nose bridge. Often, increasing the width to the middle of the nose is done.
- Straightening the nose and correcting a droopy nose.
Los Angeles male rhinoplasty is performed with two different methods. Which one is right for you depends upon the current condition of your nose.
- Open incision: An incision is made on the underside of your nose between the nostrils. The open technique allows Dr. Ardesh the ability to adjust the underlying bone and cartilage structure. The incision is minimal will become almost invisible over time. This approach is necessary if extensive correction is needed and a more comprehensive set of procedures.
- Closed incision: For many male rhinoplasty procedures that require a less thorough approach, this advanced surgical technique allows the nose structure to be altered from within the nostrils with specialized tools. Incisions are internal, and the entire procedure may take less time than an open incision.
Before & AfterView All
Male rhinoplasty procedure and recovery
Every Beverly Hills male rhinoplasty is customized to achieve the look you envision. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. You can return home the same day. Plan on getting help from a friend or family member to drive you home and stay with you for the first night.
Upload Photos to See Your New Nose
You will be sent home full aftercare instructions to speed your recovery time. You must avoid strenuous activity for up to six weeks. After two or three weeks, you should be able to resume all of your activities, with your newly reshaped looking great.
You will likely have a nasal splint for the first week and swelling and bruising around the eyes, which fades rapidly, typically gone within two weeks. Any residual swelling will slowly disappear, with full results achieved at about six months to a year – although it will appear entirely natural at roughly the six-week mark.