Septoplasty is the surgical procedure to straighten a deviated septum, so you have a better airflow through your nose. The deviation is the result of a misalignment or displacement of the bone and cartilage dividing your nostrils. Dr. Ardesh is highly accomplished in performing Beverly Hills functional rhinoplasty and focuses on achieving a superior cosmetic outcome.
Will a septoplasty change my voice?
A successful Beverly Hills septoplasty will allow air to pass more freely through the nose. If your nose has had a severe restriction in airflow, your voice has likely had a thin or flatter note to it. If this is the case, this procedure will improve the richness and expressiveness of your voice for an overall improvement of tone.
My experience with Dr. Ardesh was a little different than others seeking a plastic surgeon. I came to him with a deviated septum and specifically requested him NOT to change the way I look. One quick surgery and a week of recovery was all it took to get rid of a lifetime of difficulty breathing. Not only is he a great clinician but he is also a very down to earth guy with excellent bedside manner (not common among surgeons). I highly recommend Dr. Ardesh and am glad to see his practice doing well!
What does a septoplasty procedure entail?
There are several procedures used, depending upon the exact condition of your deviated septum. They begin with trimming, repositioning, and replacing cartilage or bone. It is almost always a surgery within the nose.
It may be necessary to make small cuts in the bones of the nose if they are crooked and causing the deviation. When the problem is along the bridge of the nose, small strips of cartilage may be used. In some cases, small incisions are placed between the nostrils.
Even though our Beverly Hills septoplasty aims to improve functionality, aesthetic outcomes may influence how what approach is best for you.
- Depending on the complexity of the surgery, the surgery may be under local or general anesthesia.
- Surgical incisions are closed with dissolvable sutures. You may receive soft splints inside the nose for support and to aid in the healing process.
- You will be moved to a recovery room for observation, and when recovered, you will be sent home with instructions for aftercare.
- For a standard, uncomplicated surgery, you should be able to return to work in a few days and enjoy your usual routine within a few weeks.
- Full recovery is often achieved in one to two months.
With Dr. Ardesh, you are in good hands
Dr. Ardesh works exclusively in the field of facial plastic surgery in Los Angeles and is considered a true expert. He is well known for speaking clearly and honestly with his patients. This delicate surgery can not only improve your breathing but your overall quality of life.